"Beach sand, extra difficulty with the sand, suns out, weathers outstanding and the workout kicked my butt! The instructor was patient with me, thank you "
13 FEB, 2020 9:00 A.M-
"HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, it will put you through a cardio and muscle workout"
11 FEB 2020 10:30 A.M
"What a glorious way to start a Saturday! Training my body in the sand, supported by community. The teachers are truly what makes this special. You will work hard and have fun doing it. Using body weight movements and T3 weighted bags for resistance training. By the time we got to the meditation part of the session, I was ready to lay down. Only to sink into the sounds of the waves. I highly recommend checking out this class!"
15 SEP 2017, 14:42
WHY THE BEACH?There isn't a gym with a better view than right here. Fresh air along with glistening pacific ocean views while capitalizing on the strength-enhancing workout that running on powder-soft sand provides. Beach running—especially on dry, loose sand—strengthens your arches, ankles and other below-the-knee muscles more than running on harder surfaces. More benefits of being on the beach include:
- Reduces inflammation in the body through the effects of “Grounding”
- Increases Vitamin D in our bodies from our sun
- Exposure to Negative Ions from the ocean (Reduce stress, boost immune system function, increased metabolism of carbs and fats, kill or inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold species, such as E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and the bacterium that causes tuberculosis. Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/negative-ions#benefits
- Mega calorie burn- exercising in the sand burns 1.5x more calories than the gym.
- Bodyweight- Perfect your form. Bodyweight movements are the first step in preparation for more resistance with our bands and T3 bags.
- Bands- Increase difficulty through resistance and shore up energy leaks in basic and advanced movements.
- T3 Bag Sandbags-DYNAMIC resistance in a bag. The shifting sand forces the recruitment of primary and secondary stabilizer muscles. The result? Increased overall total body burn.
WHAT TO EXPECT?Our fitness programs are a result of 10+ years of collecting Heart Rate based zone training data. To effect metabolic change we utilize H.I.I.T. and Tabata training modalities with Giant (4), Tri- (3) and Superset (2) routines in 5-minute blocks (“Take 5”) We count seconds, not reps. We teach "Time under tension"- example, if you are in a squat position, slow down your movements (min 5 secs). We train to increase awareness, muscle endurance, and strength during the session. This has been effective in increasing the (EPOC: Excess Post Oxygen Consumption), long after the workout is complete.
EACH CLASS INCLUDES:
- Dynamic warm-up
- Balance & Stability
- Cooldown stretches (Shavasana 75-minute class)
On the beach in beautiful Santa Monica, CA. Life Guard Tower #20-- 200 yards from the boardwalk in front of Casa Del Mar Hotel (1910 Ocean Way).
WHAT TO BRING?
Bring a large beach towel, water, and a willing attitude. If you use a wearable like Apple, Fitbit, etc. please bring it. Remember, the ocean is less than 50 ft away. Feel free to go for a swim before or after class!
WHERE TO PARK?
Parking at the meters is free up until 9:00 a.m. After 9:00 the cost is $2.50 per hour. The meters are located along Ocean St. and Bay St. Also, there is a parking lot available, which features all-day parking, at a cost of $7.00 during the week and $10.00 on the weekends.
HOW DO I JOIN?
RSVP to join Sign up here. Max 10 people per class. Limited spots available.
We are blessed with receiving a natural and abundant source of negative ions and vitamin D from the sun. To support our healing from the inside out. To be compliant with California Law, we practice social distancing. 6 ft apart. We also supply gloves and hand sanitizer for those who request them.
We go through a series of movements 20s-50seconds of work followed by 10-60seconds of rest or as the heart requires. Everyone has their own T3 Bag, throughout the session.